email programs: was: mutt

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Sat Feb 2 21:14:38 EST 2002

Hi, Cheryl:

I can't tell you a lot about what's so cool with mutt as I have hardly
looked at it. But, I did note a lot of support for message signing and
encryption via pgp. That's certainly cool if you're communicating delicate
information. Frankly, I expect it's pretty helpful in a business where the
employer technically owns all your mail, if yhou get my drift.

As for audio icons with vm -- long live the audio desktop. Something
similar can be cooked up with procmail, though. I have mine set to play
different sounds on different system events. A message from my sweetheart
plays a soft tweet-tweet, another sound marks company mail (based on the
domain name), etc., etc. It's fairly straight forward to set up, too.

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development

Chair, Accessibility SIG