Port Forwarding with 2.2 kernel

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Fri Feb 1 00:36:16 EST 2002

I want to run Speak Freely on a machine inside my local area network.
Thus I need to forward the packets through my IP masqueraded network host
which is currently running a 2.2.20 kernel with ipchains.  The basic
firewall stuff is making sense now but a couple of the related HOWTOs
don't say much about port forwarding whereby trafic is forwarded on
through the firewall to another box inside my subnet.  They touch quite
briefly about having to add other patches to the kernel and all that.

My question, is there anyone on this list doing this sort of thing
already? If so, I would be most interested in any firewall scripts you
might be using.

Thanks for the help.