Accessible JAVA Development Tools

Rich Caloggero rjc at MIT.EDU
Fri Feb 1 00:13:58 EST 2002

> Btw, even the Windows version is command-line...
What you get from Sun is, but there is at least one Java IDE (integrated
development environment), written in Java (at least a lot of it was), which
worked well with Jaws. It used to be called Kawa IDE from this Japanese
company called something like tek-tools. I think the net objects fusion
people bought it (is that MacroMedia -- I forget now). Not sure of its
status now, but it really was pretty neat. One key to compile everything,
and you could just click on an error message with the Jaws cursor and be
taken right to the offending code. I'm really waiting for Gnome. Sure Linux
is great and the command line is very powerful, but man my hands could sure
use a rest. I've got just enough RSI so that lots of typing really gets to
me after a while. Kind of puts a damper on the amount of code I can write.
That sux, cuz I really like writing code!

                    Rich Caloggero