switching consoles

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-777-8123 wacker at octothorp.org
Tue Dec 31 21:27:44 EST 2002

On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, Jude DaShiell wrote:

> The advice about hitting return if a screen hasn't been
> logged in in order to get a login prompt is correct for redhat and
> slackware at least redhat 7.0 and 7.2 and slackware 8.0.
Actually, it's hogwash for RedHat and I imagine Slackware as well.  Just
because you don't hear the prompt when you switch to the VC doesn't mean
it isn't there.  When I boot up, I move through all six VC's logging in
without pressing return first.  I wish folks would be a bit more careful
about what they post.
 -- Bill in Denver