switching consoles

Kenny Hitt kennyhitt at knology.net
Tue Dec 31 10:56:57 EST 2002

Hi.  If I press return when I change to a console with a log in prompt,
the system will then prompt me for the password.  Debian takes the
return at a log in prompt is an empty user name.
Instead of pressing return when changing to a console, I use either keypad
dot to get cursor position and console number or use keypad 8 to read
the current line.

My system doesn't hav a ctty command.  Where can I get this?

I have to use either the alt function keys or the alt-left and alt-right
arrows to change consoles.

          Kenny