speakup.i scsi conflict followup

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Mon Dec 30 01:49:59 EST 2002

It would appear that cdparanoia was not perhapse pointed at the scsi version of the drive
/dev/scd0.
ide/atapi emulation does not mean that hdc disappears; it means the only commands
sent to hdc that will still work are identify set multcount unmask irq and dma on/off.
If you enable ide/atapi emulation; you must tell your utilities to access
/dev/scd0 not the ide equivalent.
Note also that cdtool needs a recompile to be told that the device in use is
scsi not ide since the device shows under the scsi subsystem.

I use cdrdao and cdparanoia to rip from my ide/atapi cdrom
and cdrw drive.

Regards, Kerry.