speakup.i and ide-scsi conflict

John covici covici at ccs.covici.com
Thu Dec 26 05:20:46 EST 2002

I don't know of a way to get the configs from the kernel, however in
most distributions the config is available somewhere -- then all you
have to do is get the latest stable source, patch speakup in and use
the config supplied.  Scsi emulation is not necessary to run any
version of linux -- depending on your hardware.  For linux you have
to know your hardware, this isn't windows.

Decent backups include top, a commercial package called bru, and
possibly dump/restore.  Scsi tapes work well if the tape drive is any
good and cdrw's of the scsi type are ok too.

on Thursday 12/26/2002 Jude DaShiell(dashielljt at gmpexpress.net) wrote