reserved IP addresses

Ralph W. Reid rreid at sunset.net
Sun Dec 22 08:37:59 EST 2002

I know that IP address 127.0.0.1 in IPv4 is specially reserved for
loop back on a local host.  I think there is something special about
IP addresses in the range 10.0.0.0 through 10.255.255.255 in IPv4 as
well (something about invisible local area network systems, I think).
I am looking for a listing of special IP addresses and ranges for
IPv4, and if possible IPv6.  I am also curious if anyone has used
IPv6 addresses with Speakup configured kernels.  Any pointers or info
will be much appreciated.  Thanks, and have a _great_ day!

rreid at sunset.net  http://personalweb.sunset.net/~rreid
Opinions herein are either mine or they are flame bait.
COSEC (x) / SEC (x) = (COTAN (x) / TAN (x)) ^ 2