a bit of trivia I found interesting

shaun_oliver at optusnet.com.au shaun_oliver at optusnet.com.au
Fri Dec 20 00:57:20 EST 2002

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 09:10:24PM -0500, Dave Hunt wrote:
> Ok, so, it's rural:).
>
> Hee Haw,
>
> -Dave
>
> Glenn Ervin writes:
>  > Given the small percentage of Blind folks to the number of sighted, I'd call
>  > this a rural legend, rather than an urban legend.  Haw!

ok then, rather than going off and srpouting legeond, let's have some
facts to mull over.
http://www.acoustics.hut.fi/~slemmett/dippa/chap2.html
this site should give you a farely comprehensive overview of the history
and developement of speech synthesis with some sound grabs to boot.
I used it not long ago for an assignment task.
hth

Shaun Oliver

A plethora of individuals with expertise in
culinary
techniques
           contaminate
the potable concoction produced by steeping certain edible
           nutriments.

email: shaun_oliver at optusnet.com.au
ICQ: 76958435
yahoo: blindman01_2000