off topic: building Gnome-speech

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Mon Dec 16 06:17:03 EST 2002

I got mine to work about a month ago, but have not kept it
current. I do not recognize the errors you show, but I am by no
means an expert here. I suggest getting on the
gnome-accessibility mailing list where you will find
knowledgeable assistance.

On Sun, 15 Dec 2002, Ryan Mann wrote:

> I know somebody on this list got Gnopernicus and Gnome-speech set up, but
> I don't remember who it was.  I decided to try to set it up so I could try
> out Gnopernicus, but I'm having trouble getting gnome-speech compiled.  I
> ran "./autogen.sh" and "make" and I got the following output at the end:
> creating GNOME_Speech_SynthesisDriver_module.la
> (cd .libs && rm -f GNOME_Speech_SynthesisDriver_module.la && ln -s
> ../GNOME_Speech_SynthesisDriver_module.la
> GNOME_Speech_SynthesisDriver_module.la)
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/cvs/gnome-speech/gnome-speech'
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/cvs/gnome-speech/gnome-speech'
> Making all in java
> make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/cvs/gnome-speech/java'
> no \
> -emitAll -i /usr/local/share/idl/bonobo-activation-2.0 -i ../idl \
> -pkgPrefix GNOME org \
> -pkgPrefix Bonobo org.GNOME \
> -fallTie ../idl/GNOME_Speech_SynthesisDriver.idl
> make[2]: no: Command not found
> make[2]: *** [org/GNOME/Speech/*.java] Error 127
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/cvs/gnome-speech/java'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/cvs/gnome-speech'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>

> Ryan
>
> It's better to make a difference than to make a million.

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (89% of Full)
So visit me sometime at http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh