recovering lost+found files

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Sat Dec 7 12:00:47 EST 2002

Hi.  I was in the middle of doing a dist-upgrade when my machine lost
power.  When I rebooted I had to do a manual fsck on the file systems.
Now I have files in lost+found but I don't know how to figure what files
are what?  The problem is some of these files are related to apt-get and
dpkg so now I can't even do apt-get anything or dpkg-reconfigure on
anything.

Any suggestions/ideas?

--
Ever wonder if alternate worlds exist besides our own?  Join the