What's with this error?

jwantz at babel.hpcc.noaa.gov jwantz at babel.hpcc.noaa.gov
Fri Dec 6 12:54:32 EST 2002

Hi Igor,
Your response doesn't make sense.  The install command is specified in
[progname].spec which is used to build the rpm.  Why would Redhat change
the installation script?  Unless they knew that the installation script
was attempting to install the file somewhere it shouldn't be.  Since
Redhat has claimed to be compliant with the linux standard since 7.3,
maybe the problem is that the installation scripts were written on
non-compliant distros including earlier Redhat versions.

     Jim Wantz WB0TFK