What's with this error?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Dec 4 14:04:10 EST 2002

Here's some relevant lines from my .config. I think I have what I need, unless it's "multiple tables" support, which I don't understand to be the issue:

linux#grep -i table .config
# CONFIG_IP_MULTIPLE_TABLES is not set
# CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_LARGE_TABLES is not set
CONFIG_IP_NF_IPTABLES=m
# CONFIG_IP_NF_ARPTABLES is not set

Someone on the mid-atlantic linux list suggested that I am behind on versions, that apt-get can't be relied on to be up to date. I haven't had the time
to check this out yet. Also, I don't quite understand how that matters.