Using another bkm file.

Charles Hallenbeck hallenbeck at valstar.net
Tue Aug 27 06:13:47 EDT 2002

Paul,

What I would do in a case like that is edit the file ".lynxrc" to
change the name of your default bookmark file to the name of the
one you want to edit. Then run lynx with the "-book" option, do
your removing, and when you are done go back to restore the
original bookmark default.

BTW you can concatenate additional bookmarks to the end of your
default file without any problem if you make sure that the newly
added stuff contains only link information and not the preamble
text at the top.

HTH

Chuck

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Paul Migliorelli (+1 3 0 3 5 4 3 2 3 1 1) wrote:

> Hi all.  I was passed along a lynx bookmark file to peruse, and I go into
> it by doing lynx space and then filename dot html.  I notice there's no
> way to delete bookmarks from this copy of the file via the  normal r
> command.  If I rename it to the correct lynx line bookmark filename, I
> find I can then remove things in normal.  Is there any way to do this from
> a viewed file in lynx without having to remember to rename your own
> bookmark to something else, and then giving the file you're viewing the
> lynx default name?  Thanks.

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (83% of Full)
So visit me at http://www.valstar.net/~hallenbeck