Redhat Boot.img and Speakup

Martin Courcelles martinfc at rogers.com
Mon Aug 26 13:17:27 EDT 2002

Hello there:
I am trying to install Redhat on my system.
The following happens:
The disk boots correctly and my dectalk starts speaking.
The cdrom is accessed and then the message:
a wrong version of the boot disk is being used.  Cancelling setup.

Now, I have the Valhala Redhat V 7.3 distribution and I made sure of
downloading the boot.img in the 7.3 directory of the FTP site.
Here is my syslinux.cfg file.
The only changes I did to this file  is point it directly to the "text"
label and also cut the waiting time to 10 mileseconds.
I also added my synth command to the append command in the text section.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
martin

Syslinux.cfg file

default text
prompt 1
timeout 10
display boot.msg
F1 boot.msg
F2 general.msg
F3 param.msg
F4 rescue.msg
F7 snake.msg
label linux
  kernel vmlinuz
  append initrd=initrd.img lang= devfs=nomount ramdisk_size=8192 vga=788
label text
  kernel vmlinuz
  append initrd=initrd.img lang= text devfs=nomount ramdisk_size=8192
speakup_synth=dectlk speakup_ser=1

label expert
  kernel vmlinuz
  append expert initrd=initrd.img lang= devfs=nomount ramdisk_size=8192
label ks
  kernel vmlinuz
  append ks initrd=initrd.img lang= devfs=nomount ramdisk_size=8192
label nofb
  kernel vmlinuz
  append initrd=initrd.img lang= devfs=nomount nofb ramdisk_size=8192
label lowres
  kernel vmlinuz
  append initrd=initrd.img lang= lowres devfs=nomount ramdisk_size=8192