uct VS. local time in slackware

Scott Howell showell at lrxms.net
Sun Aug 25 19:09:35 EDT 2002

Ah, thanks that would certainly do and as would rdate perform a similar
function. I think what I was wondering is if you were wanting to setup
your machine in UTC time, I was speculating on whether or not it would
be necessary to set the bios clock to UTC as the kernel would get its
initial time from here. True you could use rdate or a similiar program
to accomplish the same goal...hmmm