My last message

Tim Burgess tim.burgess at blazie.co.uk
Sat Aug 24 07:49:09 EDT 2002

Hi,

Yup, I seemed to have a good install - I did the reboot at the end of
the installation process and got speech and a login prompt first time.
I logged in successfully as root (I can also login successfully with
less pwerful user names).  I think you're right about the path as these
examples work:

./shutdown -h now (when within /sbin)

And:

/sbin/shutdown -h now  (from elsewhere)

Based on my previous (minimal) experience with a Slackware build, I got
really confused by having to do the ./ prefix before a command when in
that command's actual directory.

Where do I look for path statements and what should the default be?
I've cop[ied this message to the SpeakUp list, as it would seem that
others may benefit from the answers to my questions - hope you don't
mind.

Thanks.

Tim