thinkpad: serial port working now!!!

Brian Borowski brianb at braille.uwo.ca
Thu Aug 22 22:20:05 EDT 2002

/cheryl:
If you can't use the cdrom, what we've often done, is to go through the
installation on floppies, get the ethernet card operational, set an IP
address ETC, and use nfs to another of your local machines.  You must have
nfs server on the other machine, and put the base.tar.gz  on that machine
in a place where you can get at it through nfs.  Then select the mount nfs
option, and complete the install that way.  This is just a rough outline of
how to do this, but I've often done it this way, when it wasn't easy to
have the thing on cdrom or the cdrom wasn't usable for some reason.

Brian Borowski