a quick linux tip

Tyler Spivey tspivey8 at telus.net
Thu Aug 22 20:16:02 EDT 2002

well, i decided to contribute my .02 to here, here goes:
on most linux systems, maybe some other unix systems,
there is a command called reset.
if your terminal gets messed up (o echoing of commands, etc)
or wierd things appear (hard to explain, but really odd things instead of a shell prompt
for example), you can type reset at a shell prompt.
that usually fixes the problem if it's a terminal issue.
i don't know if this hapens on the linux console, but it happens to me on my serial terminal.