control d in slackware 8.0

Ari Moisio armoi at sci.fi
Thu Aug 22 05:09:28 EDT 2002

Hi!

Gregory Nowak 22.08.02:

>Hi all.
>
>Where is this set up in slackware 8.0? I've been looking through the scripts in /etc/rc.d/ to change the behavior of slackware 8.0 to behave like 8.1 when control d is hit, but can't find it anywhere. Could someone please enlighten me? Thanks.

  Check setting of environment variable IGNOREEOF

  From bash manual:
IGNOREEOF
        Controls  the  action  of  an  interactive shell on
        receipt of an EOF character as the sole input.   If
        set,  the  value  is  the number of consecutive EOF
        characters which must be typed as the first charac-
        ters  on  an  input line before bash exits.  If the
        variable exists but does not have a numeric  value,
        or  has  no  value, the default value is 10.  If it
        does not exist, EOF signifies the end of  input  to
        the shell.

HTH

>Greg

Mr. Ari Moisio, Niittykatu 5, 41160 Tikkakoski
gsm: +358-40-5055239, icq: 164241561