thinkpad: serial port working now!!!

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Thu Aug 22 02:16:09 EDT 2002

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

<snip>

> Only, I can see I must get at least the numeric keypad
immediately. If I let
> speakup prattle on during the loading of the rescue disk it eventually stops
> talking; this can be fixed by turning it back on via the inser/enter on the
> numeric keypad. haven't tried to figure out yet whether I can do that at that
> stage of loading with the shift+f10; if I can't, doubletalk doesn't start up
> again when I put in the rootdisk so I have no speech.

Cheryl,

Glad to hear you got it working, if you can't shut it up because it then
stays shut up, you can always hit the control key say once a second as it
comes up, that's what I do so that I can at least monitor things as the
box comes up, not a perfect solution but at least you won't have to wait
while it tells you all about your cpu and bios! *grin*

HTH

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808