serial port not showing on thinkpad: dmesg.txt

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Tue Aug 20 11:59:36 EDT 2002

Well, it's certainly possible that the bios no longer responds to this
earlier executable. It would be unfortunate, but it is possible.

Worst case scenario is that you have to make edits in the bios' interface,
itself.

You did reboot after running your batch file and you did a reasonable test
of some kind, right?

If we need to use sighted assistance, so be it. C:> is certainly not
important. The serial port is.

Accessing the bios is likely:

Hold down F1 while powering up.

You will probably need to delete the infrared assignment before you can
assign the serial port to the db9.

It's a graphical bios, probably. So, it's likely to be confusing even to
the sighted assistant.

That may be cause to get IBM on the phone, right then and there.