serial port not showing on thinkpad: dmesg.txt

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Tue Aug 20 11:23:44 EDT 2002

Cheryl:

It is possible that the Windows on this Thinkpad is 2000, and that the
file system is NTFS, in which case you would get nothing on the C:> drive
by booting DOS. Very possible.

Would you try putting the ps2 files on a floppy? You may still be able to
configure your bios this way.

And, to answer your question, yes, the back slash is above return/enter.
Actually, I find the Thinkpad keyboard brillaintly designed. Other than
the FN key in the lower left corner, every key can be guessed correctly.
The Function keys are grouped by fours, the six-pack is intact in the
upper right hand corner, the cursor cross is identifiable as such, etc.
And, once you know that the lower left key is fn, the two next to it are
easily guessed to be ctrl and alt followed by the space bar.

I'm sure you've gotten that by now! <grin>