serial port not showing on thinkpad: dmesg.txt

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Tue Aug 20 10:52:41 EDT 2002

This is getting stranger and stranger. I couldn't get anything Janina sent me to
work, but i knew I had booted dos because I copied a file on a: to another file
on a:.
so I tried doing a dir of c: and a dir of c:\thinkpad. In both cases, all i got
was
volume in drive C has no label

But I'm sure there are files on the hard drive because when I turn the laptop on
without a floppy I hear all sorts of sound from the hard drive that eventually
quiets down.
By the way, would the backslash on the laptop keypad be above return?
Thanks.

Cheryl