Debian Install Disks

Mitchell Smith mjs at datafast.net.au
Tue Aug 20 03:27:19 EDT 2002

Hi list,

I am just about to do an install of Debian on a spair computer, and have
downloaded the woody disks from the speakup archive to do this install with.

I wrote the images out to floppy as per usual using:

dd if=resc1440. bin of=/dev/fd0 bs=512 conv=sync

and have booted from the rescue / root floppy.

I am using an external doubletalk synth which is on ttyS0.

The synth didn't come up at all when I booted the system, and sighted
assistance confirms that I am actually on the installation menu, so the
system appears to be booting correctly.

Do I have to give the kernel any instruction at the boot prompt to tell it
what synth I am using and what port it is on?

I looked through the readme.txt file in the same folder as the install disks
but could find no mention of this.

Any hints appreciated :).