help with orientation to thinkpad t23

Buddy Brannan davros at ycardz.com
Mon Aug 19 13:38:13 EDT 2002

Hey Cheryl,

OK, if I had to guess, your guesses were mostly right.

The separate bit you have is a floppy drive. A modular one. It fits in
the same place as the CD-ROM drive (very likely), so to install it,
you have to remove the CDROM drive. It's possible that you can connect
the floppy externally, but I don't know--Janina should know though.

Your other guesses are correct...the charger does indeed have a
separate AC cord. The switch on the bottom unlocks the battery so you
can remove it. The buttons in front of the keyboard are the mouse
buttons. They work in conjunction with the Trackpoint mouse (the
little eraser-head thingo between the g and h keys). The slot on the
left side of your computer is, (best guess) your PCMCIA slot. The
connector on the bottom--the one covered by two lips--is for a docking
station or port replicator.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV/3   | "If women have a glass ceiling,
Phone: (814) 455-7333     | the disabled have a limbo bar."