always some kind of glitch; was: thinkpad series (off-topic)

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Thu Aug 15 17:51:07 EDT 2002

Well, I got what I wanted for several hundred dollars less thanks to those of
you who educated me about ebay's ibm store. However, when I got the email from
ibm telling me how to pay, while I was able to go to the first link, the
"continue checkout" link was some kind of javascript gotonext setup and of
course i got unsupported url scheme! Didn't work with links-with-an-i either and
couldn't find it in the code. Had to call to complete my transaction; at least
ibm had included a phone number. Honestly, you can never relax in an Internet
transaction until it's all done; you never know where the minefields may be!
Anyway, thanks to all who helped; if I had the difference between the phone
quote and what I actually payed, I'd send you all a commission.
Well, it's the thought that counts, right--except my thought isn't going to give
anybody a financial boost!

Cheryl