Linux and laptops

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Wed Aug 14 11:13:11 EDT 2002

Just one comment about the price of portable computers.

At any given time you can expect the latest and greatest to be priced
high, and last year's latest and greatest to be priced modestly. This is
true with IBM Thinkpads and I'm sure it's true of absolutely every vendor.
I'm sure that the top dollar price paid for my Thinkpad T20 would today be
buying something else, perhaps the T32. On the other hand, my T20 could be
had for around $1,000, I expect, give or take a few hundred.