upgrade problems

igueths at attbi.com igueths at attbi.com
Wed Aug 14 10:01:49 EDT 2002

Hi. Ok well at least now I know that people are using
Woody without the problems I have mentioned (I guess
that this is a good sign for the most part). Also, I
noticed that Woody has installed modutils 2.4.15, and
have since not been able to load my modules manually via
modprobe (don't like modules.conf too much). Can
modprobe still be run manually to load modules? Or is it
absolutely necessary that I create files for my various
devices via /etc/modutils? I personally don't really
like this method due to the fact that I have always been
able to script-load my modules and I prefer it that way.
I am beginning to think that I for some reason did not
do a full upgrade. Isn't the package index located
somewhere in /var/state/apt? Bc I was going to remove
the current index and rebuild it possibly based on Cd
images. And thanks for all the replies, they have been
very helpfull.