linux and laptops

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Tue Aug 13 19:48:12 EDT 2002

Hi, Cheryul:

Well, my IBM Thinkpad T20 is my main machine. It's the one I spend most of
my time using. You may recall that I travel quite a bit for business. I
will be getting a newer Thinkpad--or just upgrading the one I have soon,
haven't decided which, just yet. The one I have is my fourth Thinkpad in a
row, going back some 6 or 7 years to a 100 Mhz Pentium on a Thinkpad 560.

There are issues, but there are also excellent workarounds. My only advice
is to be certain to get an external numeric keypad for Speakup screen
review. When you have time to set one up--as in a hotel room--it's very
helpful.