upgrade problems

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Tue Aug 13 14:45:51 EDT 2002

Hi.
I ran woody for months and months even before it became the stable distribution
and had none of these problems. so while i'm not sure what the problem is, I
don't think your problem is woody per se.
You might try running apt-get --fix-broken --show-upgraded dist-upgrade to make
sure you actually did a complete upgrade; also check the contents of your
/etc/apt/sources.list to make sure this is accurate.
beyond that, all I can tell you is that I am now actually running the new
testing version--I think they are calling it sarge--and still not experiencing
any of the problems you list. In fact, I even ran unstable for a while before
woody was officially released without these problems.
It seems logical when you
upgrade and have
problems to blame the new version, but the most obvious answer isn't always the
right one or at least it isn't necessarily the whole explanation.
Hope you find out what is going on there; i know it can be very frustrating!

Cheryl