Which Linux (again, I suspect)

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue Aug 13 08:40:53 EDT 2002

One big selling point for Slackware is that speakup is incorporated
into the public distribution for 8.0 and 8.1; Speakup enabled images
of Red Hat are available from the speakup site (linux-speakup.org).
If you're reasonable familiar with slackware already and are
confortable using it, I would then go for 8.1.  It has a bunch of
floppies needed to boot the thing now, but it seems worth the trip.  I
just installed slackware 8.1 a week or so ago and it went very
smoothly.

You can download the iso image of the slackware-install disk and burn
that onto a CD but you better find a fast link; slackware.com
performed terribly for me; I went to carroll.cac.psu.edu and found
current files there.  Some of the other mirrors of slackware are *NOT*
current!

Hope this helps.