mp3 2 wav/cda

Scott Howell showell at lrxms.net
Fri Aug 9 13:43:33 EDT 2002

Ok folks, I'm stumpped. Myabe I don't understand what I'm doing here,
but here is what I'm trying to do and what is happening.

I understand I'd use mpg321 or mpg123 to play the mp3 file, I read via
the man page I could dump the mp3 to a wav by using something like;
mpg321 --cdr track01.wav filename.mp3.
I got a wav file, but trying to play it using either aplay or mpg321 I
get nothing but some ugly noise.

Am I missing something here?
Am I to pipe the output from mpg321 through lame to get the end product?
Also, to burn these wav files to a cd to play in a standard cd player,
do I other than specifying disc at once; is there anything ese I need to
do like renmae anything to get the "cda" files? I think the cda files
are just name pointing to the actual wav file, but maybe I'm wrong on
this.

tnx