New Sendmail?

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue Aug 6 23:18:07 EDT 2002

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 06:25:51PM -0600, William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-777-8123 wrote:
> Hi,
>
>      You didn't say if you regenerated your sendmail.cf file.  To do this,
> change to /etc/mail.  I believe that version 8.12 moves your sendmail.cf
> file from /etc to /etc/mail.  Check to be sure.  If so, you can do: m4
> sendmail.mc >sendmail.cf
> Then, restart sendmail and you should be OK.

Been there, done that.:)  Yes and I even looked at the sendmail.cf and
the "DMholmesgrown.com" entry is present.  I believe that is what
defines the masquerade function.  Baffles me why that doesn't appear
to work.  And even more surprising to me, my mail from that machine
does not bounce from this list!

Now, this machine, sendmail does strip off my local machine name which
I want.  (At least I'm pretty sure it does.  Gues I'll take a look at
this when it comes back from the list.)  Since the list didn't bounce
it, perhaps part of the masquerade is working; I masquerade envelop as
well as the from line.