More ppp stuff.

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Mon Aug 5 09:51:39 EDT 2002

Anna:

May I suggest you always write to the Speakup list with questions? It
turns out I really don't know everything! <big grin>

Apropos the advice from your ISP,

Not sure how, exactly, you add -ppp to your username in the wvdial script,
and not sure you need to. Have you tried dialing in? What happens? Have
you simply appended -ppp to your username and tried that? Something like
"anna -ppp" or maybe without the space?

I do ppp dialups using wvdial, but don't append anything like that.
Perhaps some of the wiser heads here can help more quickly than I.

PS: Congrats on having an ISP that doesn't sneer at Linux.

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development

Chair, Accessibility SIG