newbie battle over debian, redhat or slackware

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue Apr 30 23:26:14 EDT 2002

Joe did an excellent tutorial on the setup of Slackware but beware
that Speakup is now mainstreamed into new kernels directly from
Slackware.com. just get the speakup.i or speakup.s disks, depending on
whether you have a SCSI hard disk or IDE model.  The other files you
would need to download are the A series, AP series and so on.  Yes, I
know what you mean about sourceforge's download speeds - not verry
pretty, are they.  ftp.slackware.com uses sourceforge.net for their
host but I had a hell of a time downloading the iso images from there
last summer.  I ended downloading them from Perdue or some place at
over sixty K per second.