newbie again: installed RedHat but Win ME won't let it even consider booting

Saqib Shaikh ss at saqibshaikh.com
Tue Apr 30 14:49:19 EDT 2002

Hi Liz,

First of all there's no need to feel like you should stop answering
questions. We're all newbies at something and need to ask lots of questions
<grin>.

I am not sure of the full answer to your problem with just that much info,
but two things:

Firstly Redhat advises against installing Lilo in the MBR. However other
distributions such as Debian state this as the recommended place to install
the boot loader, and I've always done it this way. So, if you haven't
already tried then use this option despite the warning.

The other thing to say is that ME's lack of DOS support should not affect
the installation of the boot loader at all.

Hope thi sgets you started.

Saqib