alsa settings: I'm really mad!

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Mon Apr 29 21:44:22 EDT 2002

Ok, has anybody ever had this happen, especially anybody using debian?
Al my setting were just fine and I didn't change them. but just now I couldn't
get my sound to work, even with using alsactl restore. Have to do everything
over again; all my settings are gone.
It has to be that something that upgraded in debian woody when I did my "apt-get
update' and "apt-get upgrade" wiped my alsa or at least alsactl stuff out.
this is ubelievable!
Amixer and alsamixer still work and alsa apparently still gets loaded, but al my
settings have to be redone!