anyone tried partimage

'Georgina' gena at gena-j.net
Mon Apr 29 18:02:15 EDT 2002

Hi

Here's what apt says:

Package: partimage
Section: non-US
Installed-Size: 660
Maintainer: Sergio Rua <srua at debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 0.6.1-13
Depends: libbz2-1.0, libc6 (>= 2.2.4-4), libnewt0, libssl0.9.6, libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2 (>= 1:2.95.4-0.010810), slang1 (>> 1.4.4-7.1), zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
Filename: pool/non-US/main/p/partimage/partimage_0.6.1-13_i386.deb
Size: 186628
MD5sum: 76dd5bb8d0322f70db024f886cc8a21b
 Partition Image is a Linux/UNIX partition imaging utility: it saves partitions
 in the Ext2FS  (the linux standard), ReiserFS (a new journaled and powerful
 file system), NTFS (Windows NT File System)  or FAT16/32 (DOS & Windows file
 systems) file system formats to an image file. Only used blocks are copied.
 The image file can be compressed in the GZIP/BZIP2 formats to save disk space,
 and split into multiple files to be copied onto removable media (ZIP for
 example), burned on a CD-R, etc.
 .
 This makes it possible to save a full Linux/Windows system with a single
 operation.  In case of a problem (virus, crash, error, etc.), you just have
 to restore, and after several minutes, your entire system is restored
 (boot, files, etc.), and fully working.
 .
 This is very useful when installing the same software on many machines: just
 install one of them, create an image, and just restore the image on all other
 machines. Then, after the first one, each installation is automatic made,
 and requires only a few minutes.

Gena

Blindness Advocacy and Self Help Online www.bashonline.org