Playing DVDs in linux console. (mplayer installation)

Johan Bergström johbe at linux.se
Sun Apr 28 12:04:05 EDT 2002

I'm glad someone found it useful. And I'm sorry to say that I dont play
streaming audio/video with mplayer. I use it for mpeg/avi/wmv/asf files
and DVD playback. I know that mplayer does support windows media format,
at least the older one, and the same thing with real media, they support
the older codec. So It should be possible to play those kinds of
video/audio streams.

I dont use a .mimetypes file so I cant help you there.

Johan

--
  "But suppose we sent a crew to plant an explosive precisely on the fault
line between this mass of coffee grounds and this