Dumb Questions: Searching archives and OCR question

Liz Hare eh51 at cornell.edu
Fri Apr 26 19:48:57 EDT 2002

Hello,

Two newbie questions:

Is there any good OCR software for Linux yet?

I was trying to inform myself about this by searching the archives of this
list.  I found it kind of hard, because I couldn't find any sort of search
function on the archives page-- only several ways to download either the
entire archive.  I still don't have Linux up and Both WIndoze machines at
home and at work seem to choke on the large file of all the archives when I
try to download it.  Is there somewhere else I should be looking for
searchable archives?

Thanks,

Liz Hare, Ph.D.
Research Associate