Some questions

Dietmar Segbert Dietmar.Segbert at t-online.de
Thu Apr 25 16:36:00 EDT 2002

Hello,

i am a new Member in this list. Since a long time i was searching for an
linux-system with speechsupport. In the last week i found the zipspeak-
package. It is great, because i only use Novell DOS 7.0 and i want to get
to test linux without resizing the partitions on my Harddiscks.

The installation was very simple and so i have done my first steps in
linux.
But now i have a lot of questions. Wehn linux starts it produces three or
for errormessages and warnings. I think, there is a log-file.
Where can i find this file?

How can i change the keyboardlayout to an german keyboardlayout?

During the start of linux, there is a lot of my hardawre, that is
installed correctly. But i did not find anything for my cd-writer (teac
cdr55s) and my scanner (hp scanjet IIP). I have a a adaptec 2910c scsi-
adapter in my computer, How can i check the correct installation?

I think that's enough for the first time. Sorry, bat my english is not
very good. I am 39 years old and live gronau in Germany.

Reguards.

Dietmar