[Newchix] Microsoft Pushing products? maybe more towards Linux? (fwd)

jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov
Wed Apr 24 09:37:38 EDT 2002

Hi,
Well segmentation faults are just about always due to the programmer
doing something like attempting to write past a block of allocated
memory or failing to free the memory when they are done with it.  The
boundary between a user space program (your typical application) and the
kernel is very well defined--the operating system prevents you from
mucking around with kernel memory from your application.  Whatever
WINDBLOWS does in this area it doesn't do it very well!  How else do you
explain an application failing one time and working perfectly well the
next time under WINDBLOWS.  Yep, I think Linux is far superior!

     Jim Wantz