speakfreely makefile; cvs

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Mon Apr 22 09:25:12 EDT 2002

Hi Cheryl and all:  The cvs speak freely module name is speak_freely.
You should not have to modify the Makefile at all for most
situations.  Half duplex will still be specified but alsa doesn't care
about that.

I suspect your mike problem is because in the latest beta versions
capture is separate from the individual hardware settings.  If you
mute mike then you won't hear it on your speakers.  You then set
capture on mike and set a capture volume separately like this:

amixer set Capture 15

The volume for capture is between 0 and 15.

You will also want to make sure the 20dB boost setting is on.

The asound.state file I sent you was from an older version of alsa
beta6 or something like that.  I wouldn't expect it to work directly
with your set up.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061