wav compression lib

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Sun Apr 21 22:09:08 EDT 2002

Microsoft did it again.
they decided to set up another identifier inside the .wav header and say
this wav file contains mp3 data not pcm.
Also, some people mistakenly put a riff/wav header on an mp3 which is handled fine
by media player etc but makes some programs choke and die.
Either rename your files to mp3, or use freeamp or mpg123 or mpg321
that knows how to skip the wav headers. this problem isn't alsa specific,
it h appens with traplayer and the kernel drives too.

Regards, Kerry.