wav compression lib

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Sun Apr 21 11:31:42 EDT 2002

Hi. I don't have play, but I have aplay. I get all sorts of errors when
trying to run it, as well as arecord. I get errors in pcm_hw.c, stating
that the ioctl is inapropriate. It says something like: alsa lib pcm_hw.c:
aplay main: 445: audio open error. Inapropriate ioctl for device. Freeamp
works fine however, so I think the issue is just related to those two
programs and possibly the way they interface with the alsa library.
However, I can play mp3s fine with trplayer, as well as realmedia files.
So I think the problem could be related to trplayer, but I'm not sure at
this point. Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.