speakfreely: binding data socket; address already in use

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Sun Apr 21 08:36:57 EDT 2002

Hi Cheryl:  Those messages/errors indicate that there are already
sfspeaker or sfmike processes running so it cannot get the ports
because they are already taken.  I'm not sure if you are using a
script or not to get connected to the reflector but the script I use
has a killall -9 sfspeaker at the bottom which makes sure there are no
left over sfspeaker processes around once you quit.  I will include my
sfr script below but you will need to edit it to reflect where your
binaries live.  Mine live in my src/speak_freely directory which yours
probably don't.

  Kirk

#!/bin/bash
SPEAKFREE_LWL_TELL=lwl.braille.uwo.ca
SPEAKFREE_ID=" Kirk Reiser: kirk at braille.uwo.ca: (519) 661-3061: London Ontario"
SPEAKFREE_CNAME=speech.braille.uwo.ca
export SPEAKFREE_LWL_TELL
export SPEAKFREE_ID
export SPEAKFREE_CNAME
export SPEAKFREE_LWL_HTML=/speakup.html
src/speak_freely/sfspeaker -p4074 &
src/speak_freely/sfspeaker &
src/speak_freely/sfmike lwl.braille.uwo.ca:4074
killall sfspeaker

phone: (519) 661-3061