question

Charles Hallenbeck hallenbeck at valstar.net
Sat Apr 20 18:42:23 EDT 2002

The mime.types file associates a mime type with one or more
filename extensions, such as rm, ra, ram, etc.  Probably those
will not need editing. The mailcap file associates a command with
each of the mime types. The command will be "trplayer %s" where
the %s stands for the filename that trplayer will play. I believe
the sample mailcap file uses freeamp to play some things, and
trplayer to play others, and so you may want to look those lines
over and make sure that you do not try to run a program that you
do not have on your system.

If you get them right, you can just press enter in Lynx on those
audio stream urls and away you go.