aplay/arecord start-up error

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Thu Apr 18 16:20:23 EDT 2002

Hi
all. Now that I think about it, got another question. I got the alsa
drivers/lib/utils version 0.9.0beta12, but I couldn't figure out where the
drivers were placed. I am using beta 9 and using a start-up script that I
wrote that loads the apropriate module at boot time. In terms of beta 12,
I looked in /lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/sound/acore. I looked in the isa
directory, considering that I have an isa-pnp card, and the driver for my
cs4236 wasn't present. With beta9, I just use modprobe to load the mods,
and everything works perfectly. Any ideas of where the installer may have