newest of the newbies

jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov
Wed Apr 17 10:23:59 EDT 2002

Hi Igor,
Redhat package manager by itself is very much a subset of dpkg in
Debian.  Fortunately there is apt4rpm which gives you apt functionality
under Redhat.  Unfortunately there are only two repositories that I am
aware of that support apt under rpm.  Therefore there are things you can
apt-get install from debian that aren't available from apt4rpm.  The
problem with rpm without apt is that it doesn't resolve dependicies.

      Jim Wantz